Swami Vivekananda Life Quotes, Thoughts & Basic Principles Of Education
Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts on education are focused on the process of man-making, not on mere bookish knowledge. In a letter he writes – “What is education? Is that book-learning? No! Is that a kind of knowledge? No, not even this. The restraint through which the flow and development of willpower is brought under control and It is fruitful, it is called education.
” Regarding how education should be used for character formation, Vivekananda says, “Education does not mean that there are so many things in your mind that you should start fighting each other, and Your mind cannot digest them in a lifetime.
The education with which we can build our life, become human beings, create character and reconcile thoughts, is really worthy of being called education.
If you are only five If you can digest the emotions and make life and character accordingly, then your education is much more than that of a man who has set up a whole library. ”
Swami considered the role of education central in the country’s progress – whether economic or spiritual. Describing the difference between India and the West in this way, he says, “Only education! Education! Education!
Walking through many cities of Europe and seeing the peace and learning of the poor people there, remember the point of our poor She used to come and shed tears. Why did this difference happen? Answer found – Education!
” Swami Vivekananda was of the view that through proper education, personality should be developed and character should be upgraded. In a lecture given in Los Angeles, California in 1900, Swamy puts this point, “The purpose of all our teachings should be to build this person’s personality. But on the contrary, we only try to polish from outside.”
If there is no essence inside, what is the benefit of offering the outer color? The goal or purpose of education is human development. “The following are the basic principles of Swami Vivekananda’s education philosophy –
1. Education should be such that the child can have physical, mental and spiritual development.
2. Education should be done in such a way that the child’s character is formed, mental consciousness is developed, intellect is developed and the child becomes self-sufficient.
4. Education should be obtained in Guru Griha.
4. A teacher and student relationship should be as close as possible.
4. The general public should know about the relation between the promotion and dissemination of education.
4. For the progress of the country, technical education should be arranged.
10. Anthropological and national education should start from the family.
11. Education should be such that empowers the learner to fight life struggle
12. According to Swami Vivekananda one should value his interest.
Precious Life Quotes of Swami Vivekananda
- Wake up and do not stop until the goal is achieved.
- Every soul is connected with God, it is to recognize its divinity by improving ourselves from inside or outside.
- Karma, worship, inner mind or life philosophy can be done with any or all of these and then open yourself up. This is the summary of all religions. Temples, traditions, books or studies are all less important than this.
- Take an idea and make it the only thought of your life. Think about this idea, dream it and live on the same idea. This one thought gets filled in your brain, brain and veins. This is the way to success. This is how great spiritual religions become men.
- Do one thing at a time and while doing so put your whole soul in it and forget everything else.
First everything good is made fun of, then there is opposition and then it is accepted.
A good character is created only after stumbling a thousand times.
- To think of ourselves as weak is the greatest sin.
- Truth can be told in a thousand ways, yet it will be a truth.
- External nature is only a big form of inner nature.
- The world is a huge gymnasium where we come to strengthen ourselves.
- Strength is life, weakness is death. Extension is life, contraction is death. Love is life, malice is death.
- You cannot believe Bhagwan until you believe in yourself.
- Whatever makes you weak – physical, intellectual or mental, discard it like poison.
- Vivekananda had said – Think, do not worry, give birth to new ideas.
- We reap what we sow. We ourselves are the creators of our own destiny.
Follow Us & Subscribe to our Newsletter for more